About donating

How we use donations

Thanks to generous donors, Switzerland ForAfrica has been able to invest over 20 million Swiss francs in development cooperation since it was founded in 2006.

Our vision

We are working for an Africa that thrives.

We do this by providing the resources that unlock Africa’s heritage and wealth so that local communities can realize their full potential.

Use of the funds

77 percent of the donations flow directly into projects in our eight project countries. The long-term goal of our projects is always the resilient independence of local communities.


In 2023, we were able to reach 16,701 people in Africa thanks to generous donations. We provided assistance in the areas of emergency aid, education and nutrition, wells and water, agriculture and relief operations.

Pie chart
Schoolchildren fed
Well construction
Wells drilled or renovated
People reached
Relief operations
carried out with volunteers

As a graduate of our agricultural training course, Rosemary has now worked her way into independence, has her own employees and can provide for her children.

“In the future, I would like to turn my small store into a wholesale business. I also want to buy a mill to grind porridge so that I have other sources of income besides the store.”

– Rosemary Anania

Donations Q&A

Our organization is committed to financial transparency and is happy to answer frequently asked questions to provide you with a comprehensive insight.

Of the donations received, 77 percent go directly to our local projects. In addition to administrative costs, the other 23 percent is used for further fundraising so that we can reach even more people in Africa and increase our impact.

The main funding for Switzerland ForAfrica comes from private donors. We also receive support from various foundations and companies. For certain projects, we also cooperate with UN organizations and thus receive additional resources from them. As a locally anchored ForAfrika organization, we implement these in the projects.

The most effective forms of donation are

  • Standing orders: Regular standing orders enable us to provide long-term and stable support in our project countries.
  • Bank transfer: Bank payments do not incur any additional transaction fees, so we receive the entire donation in full.
  • “Free donations”: Non-earmarked donations enable us to deploy resources quickly, flexibly and unbureaucratically where they are most urgently needed.

Yes. We use the payment service provider Payrexx for online payments. Payrexx implements security standards to ensure the security of online payments. This includes the use of SSL encryption to secure the transmission of sensitive data between users and the platform.

Yes. The Switzerland ForAfrica Foundation is subject to federal foundation supervision and enjoys charitable status. Donations to Switzerland ForAfrica are therefore tax deductible.

ForAfrica regularly sensitizes its employees to the issue of corruption. In addition, there is an internal and anonymous whistleblower platform that can be used to report suspected cases of corruption. A specialized team submits regular reports and investigates the reports. In more serious cases, external authorities are also consulted.

A transparent approach to finances is important to us.

Donate now

Support us now and help Africa to thrive!
Donations to Switzerland ForAfrika are tax-deductible.

ZEWO seal of approval

The Switzerland ForAfrica Foundation is certified with the ZEWO seal of approval. ZEWO is committed to ensuring that charitable organizations use their financial resources in a purposeful, effective and economical manner.

Spenden Gütesiegel ZEWO Zertifizierung Logo

Current projects

Always up to date

Don’t miss any more news. Subscribe now to our monthly newsletter for updates straight to your inbox.